Friday, April 29, 2016

When it rains, it pours

29__4We arrived in Washington just in time to welcome in wonderfully warm and sunny weather.  It lasted for a week.  Then, intermittent rain showers started to roll in.  The nice warm temperatures that were in the 80’s dropped into the 60’s but they didn’t last long.  It’s not as warm as we’d like but at least it’s not raining now and sunny skies are ahead.   We just have one more day to wait.

        -- Mt. St. Helens

On a previous blog I mentioned we had a few hiccups.  We were beginning to feel that when it rains, it really pours.  I can now tell you the result of those hiccups.   One was with the Jeep, another with our truck and then with our furnace.  The Jeep was minor  with a bill under $300.  The truck was not so minor since we had the air conditioner condenser replaced.  Then, the furnace required a new motor!  Ouch !!  We hope that’s all the repairs and there are no more surprises or hiccups.


I really haven’t been much in the mood to blog.  We’ve been busy visiting,  fixing, cleaning, moving, painting and installing.  It’s always like this returning from winter travels.  Things need to be done.  However, that’s not to say we haven’t had some fun with our drones.   

My maiden “voyage” resulted in landing the drone upside down but after several days of practice, I’m now having a blast flying, learning and taking lots of aerial photos and videos.  Tomorrow we’re even going to be doing more of it!

29a__1Terry had two doctor appointments yesterday and we were thankful the report was good.  Since we were already in town we decided to make a stop at Home Depot on our way back.  It was there we finally purchased a new smoker grill.  We had hoped to have it together and steaks cooking that evening but it was late by the time we got back, assembled and seasoned the grill.  Instead  we settled for pizza  and a couple baked potatoes.  Today's project was smoking a meatloaf and potatoes on the grill using mesquite pellets. 


Check out this picture.  It’s hard to tell it was an RV.  This is about what a RV looks like after the fire’s been put out.  Owners weren’t there so no one was hurt.  The fire department showed up in droves to keep surrounding areas wet and fire from spreading.  We’ve seen way too many of these lately.


So, we don’t have a lot on our plate right now. Feeding our neighborhood deer when they drop by does keep us busy.  However, we do have a clam digging adventure next weekend and a trip to Sedona a couple days after that. 

‘Tis life on the road.


  1. You are keeping pretty busy,. Rv fiers are not nice glad no one was hurt

  2. Hard to blog when you're doing everyday things. And as per usual you are staying way too busy. Glad you're taking time to fly.

  3. A little duct tape and some touch up paint and that burnt out rv should be good to go. ;c)

    Good luck with your drone, I can just imagine all the fun you're going to have with it. With enough practice, you could land a job flying one for the Air Force, I hear they have a shortage of pilots.

  4. When it rains, sometimes it does pour and always come is threes.
    Glad to read that Terry is doing so well!
    I can smell those steaks from here...yummmmmmy!

  5. Hopefully all the ouches are behind you now. Love the big smoker grill - and meat loaf sounds delicious!

  6. Seems like you just got your first smoker. Time passes way too quickly.

  7. Love the new smoker...meatloaf sounds yummy!
    I always enjoy your photos of the neighborhood deer...

  8. I keep thinking of getting a drone, but concerned about how many pieces it will be in after the first flight:(


Thanks for taking the time to comment.