Monday, August 12, 2013

A Little Farther North and Reunions

If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth.

It’s been a while.  I’ve been busy . . .   really, really busy.  Besides that we’ve been in an area with i1_1intermittent wi-fi and when it worked, it was slow.  There was no way I could read blogs especially those with any pictures attached …. it was very, very slow.  Then, when we headed out on our own we had another issue.  We were getting an international signal from Canada.  We didn’t want that either especially after we got the little notice reminding us that international rates weren’t the same as domestic rates.

This is the first opportunity I’ve had to start a catch-up blog.  I know it’ll have to be finished when our wi-fi improves.   We’ve been doing one heck of a lot.  Here’s a start and then I’m going to see if I can read a few more blogs before bed. 

Delivery of our new hot water heater didn't happen at 11:00 as I  hoped on my previous blog.  We didn’t get on the road before noon either as the heater didn't arrive until about then.  We were finally ready to leave around 3:00.  At least it wasn’t dark and we just had a short distance to drive on I-5 until our turn-off at exit 104 south of Olympia through the Hood Canal.  I love this drive.  It’s about 50 miles and one of the most beautiful drives ever.  Highway 101 follows along the edge of the Puget Sound. 

As we rounded the corner into Discovery Bay Terry decided he needed  a stop.   We couldn’t have planned it better.  Our stop was right by some bushes that were overflowing with ripe wild blackberries.  We picked and picked the berries and enjoyed every luscious morsel.

Once in Port Angeles we headed directly to  “reunion  headquarters”.  We were mooch-docking at a cousin’s place this time. The place was great and the price was right. 

Friday evening was actually the first “official” start of our family reunion.  Actually nothing much happens on Friday other than the arrival of a few folks and a little food.    Since it was our turn to host, we also were in charge of dinner …. hamburgers.

When Tammi and her gang showed up we even started decorating a bit.  Remember this reunion was Texas style so we had to decorate in a Texas fashion.  That we did.

I know if I tried to post any more pictures, I probably wouldn’t be able to upload this blog …..   so, that part will have to be continued when we’ve moved out of our current location.

That’s my catch-up for now.  I'd need toothpicks to hold my eyelids up if I stayed up any later.

We’ve gotten a little farther north since the last blog.

‘Tis life on the road.


  1. You guys can do more in a week than I could in a year !! So glad to hear though that you are having a great time !!

  2. Looks like it is a bit cool there. Hope it didn't rain on your parade. Looking forward to seeing the Texas-theme reunion in action.

  3. Good luck with your reunion and hope you have awesome weather.

  4. Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see "Texas" !

  5. Everything's bigger in Texas, even the reunions... :cD

  6. Looking forward to those pictures when you can post and hope the weather cooperated for the reunion.

  7. If I hear any hollerin' and hootin' from across the Straits at least I'll know who it is!

    We always take that drive along the Hood Canal and it's one of our favourites.

  8. I loved your "by-line". Shared it on Facebook. Thanks friend. Great words of wisdom.

  9. nice short recap! enjoy your stay in Port Angeles!!


Thanks for taking the time to comment.